Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Brown and Bare

What is it about the eyes that make a moment seem longer.


I was a fan of a voice. I heard him sing in Blue Repertory's Bare and I was hooked.
I didn't recognize him from the promotional materials so I set him aside in my mind.

As I watched, I saw that his performance was outstanding. The subtle things like a hand gesture and a step to his side made the acting a little more real. His voice was strong and it sang with clarity. But it was the look in his face that sold it. He could make you feel he was in love with a look. I've never seen anything like it on stage, even with the Philippine greats. It made a world of a difference from being a college production to a class act.

My friends and I lingered around after the show to talk about their insights, I was there hoping to get a picture with him. I fretted and finally I got the courage to walk up to him. And he had the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen. I'll never forget those eyes.

I've never been an 'eyes are the windows to the soul' type of person. And I hope everyone who has ever thought the same will get the chance to meet him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment